
Jonas and I spent the much of the day yesterday at Beaver. Our morning started at 7:15 when we took Tias to my moms and headed out to Terricina for an appt 8:20. Jonas is at the age now where he doesn't want to go to the doctor. In fact, he tries to lock the doctor out of the room while we wait. Yesterday, he kept saying, "Mom, wet's get out of here." The morning appt consisted of peeing in a cup, blood being drawn, and other procedures I hope he forgets. As a mom, my heart broke as we drove home and he cried and cried for 45 minutes until he finally fell asleep. I too shed my share of tears as I recalled the poor bedside manner and "factory like" atmosphere we had experienced earlier. Where have all the good doctors gone?? Is a empathetic doctor who treats their patients with the understanding that they are caring for somebodies baby, their heart and soul, too much to ask for? The fact that the doctors I have encountered lately operate on a one symptom per appointment basis is beyond me. If you have more than one concern, better make another appointment. I am sad to say that I left Jonas' appt yesterday confuesed, upset and at a loss for words. The doctor was willing to diagnose him and supply a perscription for an antibiotic, but unwilling to answer questions or even explain his diagnosis. Instead, he printed a page from WEB MD (which had the last word of every line cut off) and sent me on my way. When I attempted to ask questions, he responded with, "Well let me first talk about what you came in for and then I will "briefly" touch on that." Why I settled for that, I have no idea. I guess I was a bit intimidated. Needless to say, we ended up back at Beaver in Colton that night, looking for a second opinion and hoping to get questions answered. I didn't know how Jonas would handle going back to the doctor, but he surprising said with a sigh, "Oh gosh mommy, I awedy went to the doctor today." This appt was much less dramatic, thank goodness, and we both left tearless. At the end of the day, all was well. Jonas made my day when he looked at a picture of me in my mom's house and said, "There's my princess mommy."

PS Thanks Jen and Mom for all your help!!!! I love you both.
2 comments:
You're such a good mama and you're kiddos are soooo lucky to have you. I'm happy to help anytime I can. You know how I LOVE taking on health groups and insurance companies! Love you!
That is so horrible. Is this your family dr? I sure hope not. I always demand for the kids to see their dr. (Mailander) Even if it is a day out. She is the best and always answers all my questions and then some!
Post a Comment